What a beautiful day! The large group of horses and riders enjoyed beautiful sunny skies and temperatures in the 70’s at the 2009 Team CEO Eventing Mock Foxhunt! It was great fun seeing the large amount of new horses and riders out and about, as well as some proven combinations. We set up some new fences this year, including a new big trakehner (our third), a second ditch and wall, a novice bounce, and a sunken road. The scavenger hunt (aka “fox” hunt) was also a big hit this year!!!!
- 1st place in the “Fox” hunt: Molly Bracknell riding Grady (Grey horse shown at left). Molly absolutely flew through the scavenger hunt, returning in record time and becoming the first rider to “find” the fox!
- 2nd place in the “Fox” hunt: Marybeth Dolcini riding Otter. For second prize, she won the squirrel—she didn’t win the foxhunt, but she won the squirrel hunt! lol
- 3rd place in the “Fox” hunt: Emily Rosenbaum riding Vis a Vis
- 1st place in the Hunter Pace: Annette Dupont riding Sur Les Tas and Julieanne Ewing riding Mighty Mouse (Photo pictured left)
- 2nd place in the Hunter Pace: Liz Moyer riding Chance and Hope Goodwin riding Othello
- 3rd place in the Hunter Pace: Holly Wiedemann riding Journey’s End and Holly Caccamise riding Dexter
Voting Category Results:
Voted Best Dressed: Holly Wiedemann riding Journey’s End, bringing her hunt whip, horn, flask, and top hat along with her for the ride!
- Voted Most Improved 2009: Hannah Goodwin on The Aristocrat, who made light work of the new Novice/Training fences, including the big trakehner! (Photo left of gray horse jumping trakehner)
- Voted Best Costume: Molly Bracknell riding Grady, dressed as a Zebra!
- Voted Team Spirit Award: Quin Swiney and Riddle Me This, always game to cheer on the other riders!
- Voted Most Courageous: Chelsea Brant on Sobriety Test. Her rather playful 5yo OTTB decided to celebrate by adding some big bucks after some big fences! 🙂
- Voted Best Hunter Pair: Annette Ewing at Sur Les Tas